08 June 2009

Switching Gears

I am on a huge pendant kick, I don't know why. I used to be designing rings like crazy, but that has changed recently. I think I came up with five doable designs in one night, and they all use different techniques. I found that it's easier to draw up a design in a larger scale, and then shrink it to the actual size. It seems to get more of the kinks out, since I have to draw it a couple extra times.

I have a few stones heading my way this week, and depending on costs I might just order some gold. These are the stones, I have pretty solid ideas for 2 of the 4 so far.


Sunset Padparadscha Sapphire


Kiwi Topaz

Rhodolite Garnet

Mozambique Garnet

Will be interesting to see how the stones look in person. I'm still trying to hunt down a big round stone for one of the designs I came up with the other night. I suppose it would be better to start making the ones for which I already have stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment