07 November 2010

Only took a month...

I finally have posted the rutilated quartz piece on Etsy. I've been so busy with work and just everyday things around the house that it kept getting put off. Plus I'm still a little attached to it, I'd love for it to sell and be enjoyed by someone. It drew a lot of compliments at the Art Crawl in October, so I truly hope it will find a good home soon!

Here is the final result:



I'm really satisfied with this piece. It's so great when I can honestly say that.

In other news, I'm still drawing up containers for the next series. I bought a great book on boxes and closures a few weeks ago, which will help me remember how to do a hinge among other things. Hopefully I will be successful with the copper mockups I plan to do over the Winter. I have a couple of secret commissions for Christmas presents in progress, which are going well so far. I also am *really* close to getting an enameling kiln, which has me very excited.

2 comments:

  1. woot! i love how you talk about your jewelry like it's a beloved child:) i remember doing that lol. it's so hard to part with!

    ReplyDelete